West Mount Wine
west mount wine tasting
view basket
View Basket (Items:, Value:) | Checkout
west mount wine homewine tasting eventswine advice and knowledgeabout ussummary t&c'scontact west mount wine
credit card payments
Terms & Conditions
Deltetto Roero Arneis San Michele 2013 Deltetto Roero Arneis San Michele 2013

The Deltetto Arneis comes from 30 year old vines in the San Michele vineyard. About 30% of this wine is fermented in new oak with the rest in stainless steel, adding a nice aromatic element to the Arneis. It is a straw yellow colour with a bouquet of exotic fruit, apples and vanilla.

Antonio Deltetto has 15 hectares of vineyard in the Roero, the gently hilly region on the northern back of the Tanaro.

The Roero has an antique land that is millions of years old, dominated by sandstone, sedimentary rocks of mixed marine origin made up of limestone, clay and naturally, sand which makes it soft and permeable.

This yellowish Astian sand goes back to the middle Pliocene age due to the erosion caused by the deviation of the River Tanaro that made the "Rocche" (deep calanques that are typical of the Roero). The wines that come from the land of Roero are full bodied with elegance, floral and fruity with mineral notes.

Traditionally, a church was always built on top of a hill so that the saint could protect the harvest from any kind of natural disaster. Thus the name for the Cru San Michele, the oldest Arneis vineyard in Deltetto's holdings, a vineyard just a short distance from the Company's headquarters.

The vineyard was planted in 1975 and the yields are maintained at 45 hl/ha

100% Arneis


After fermentation 30% of the wine was aged in French oak for 6 months and the remainder in cement and steel.

The grapes underwent a short, cold maceration in order to extract more flavour and then 30% of the must was fermented in new French oak barriques at a temperature of 18°C, while the remaining 70% was
fermented in cement and stainless steel tanks.

The wine was then aged for 6 months in 30% French oak barriques and 70% in cement and stainless steel.

The final blend was put together in spring before bottling.

The Deltetto Deltetto Arneis San Michele 2009 is light gold in colour with an open attractive nose, with perfumes of ripe apple and a touch of exotic fruit and quince. In the mouth, it is fresh and lively, with a creamy vanilla character from the oak ageing rounding out the palate. Long, beautifully balanced apple-pear finish.

CLOSURE:    Cork

ALCOHOL:    14.0% (10.5 units per bottle)

Per Bottle 16.00



People who bought this item also bought:
1. Cantina Mesa "Buio" Carignano del Sulcis 2012
 © West Mount Wine Tasting | Site Map | Web Design by Pod9 | Wine Info