West Mount Wine
west mount wine tasting
view basket
View Basket (Items:, Value:) | Checkout
west mount wine homewine tasting eventswine advice and knowledgeabout ussummary t&c'scontact west mount wine
 
WINE SHOP:
 
credit card payments
Terms & Conditions
 
INNOCENT BYSTANDER CHARDONNAY 2010 INNOCENT BYSTANDER CHARDONNAY 2010

The Yarra Valley excels at Chardonnay with its cool climate and this example from Innocent Bystander is retrained, structured, citrusy and very refreshing - no over use of oak. A very refreshing change...

Awarded a SILVER medal at the International Wine Challenge 2011



VINEYARD
83% of the fruit came from vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Sexton and Tarraford vineyards. The remaining 17% came from the Quarry Ridge and Kilmore vineyards in Port Philip.

Harvest took place in mid to late February when the fruit was fully ripe with good acidity and fresh fruit flavours.

GRAPE VARIETIES
100% Chardonnay

VINIFICATION
Above average spring rains mixed with cool, sunny days allowed for an even budburst and early uniform flowering. Warm summer days interspersed with mild rain harnessed delicate flavours at low sugars and crisp acid. Careful handling was essential in the vineyard and winery to capture optimum ripeness and quality.

Harvest was from late February to early March 2010.

Fruit was whole bunch pressed to tank and transferred to barrel after eight hours settling. Cultured yeast and a small parcel of indigenous yeasts were used. Barrel fermented at 20 . 24°C.

The wine was lees stirred weekly, then monthly after May. 10% malolactic fermentation took place due to higher than usual malic acid levels. The wine was aged in 100% oak for 9 months, with mixture of 1,2 and 3 year old French barriques

TASTING NOTE
Lemon zest, cashews, freshly picked white nectarines and river stones on the nose. The palate has granny smith apples and green pineapple; bright crunchy acidity with some savoury hints.

CLOSURE:    Stelvin

ALCOHOL:    13% (9.75 units per bottle)




Per Bottle 11.50

Quantity:  


CATALOG SUSPENDED
 © West Mount Wine Tasting | Site Map | Web Design by Pod9 | Wine Info