West Mount Wine
west mount wine tasting
view basket
View Basket (Items:, Value:) | Checkout
west mount wine homewine tasting eventswine advice and knowledgeabout ussummary t&c'scontact west mount wine
 
WINE SHOP:
 
credit card payments
Terms & Conditions
 
DOMAINE LAROCHE CHABLIS GRAND CRU LES BLANCHOTS 2007 DOMAINE LAROCHE CHABLIS GRAND CRU LES BLANCHOTS 2007

Domaine Laroche epitomises Chablis, with impeccable quality, and remarkable 100 hectares of vineyards, including 30 ha of Premier and 6 ha of Grand Crus. Les Blanchots is one of 7 Chablis Grand Crus; it is known for its fragrant aromas and elegance. This wine is intensely floral with jasmine and honey alongside the classic citrus and apple. This is a super Grand Cru Chablis.

VINEYARD
Les Blanchots is one of 7 Chablis Grand Crus; it comprises 12 hectares (of which Domaine Laroche own 4.5) and is known for its fragrant aromas and elegance.

The steep, south-southeast facing slope has excellent exposure to the sun; the poor Kimmeridgean soils give ageing potential of 10-20 years at least.

GRAPE VARIETIES
100% Chardonnay

VINIFICATION
2007 was a classic Chablis vintage. It started with mixed weather during the growing season, with a warm spring but hail in July and relatively low summer temperatures. A sunny end of August, however, meant healthy, ripe grapes were harvested on 20th September.

The grapes were pressed immediately and the must was settled for 12 hours.

Fermentation took three weeks, at a temperature of 20°C, which developed the natural richness and complexity of the wine.

30% was fermented and aged in third and fourth-use French barrels (fermenting and ageing the wine in barrel ensures integration of the wood flavours), the remaining 70% in stainless steel. 70% underwent malolactic fermentation.

The wine rested for 9 months on its lees before minimal filtration to preserve the natural fruit character in the wine.

TASTING NOTE
Bright yellow colour. Intensely floral with jasmine and honey alongside the classic citrus and apple. The scented palate is rich yet fresh, with hints of truffle and spice as well as more primary pear and lemon fruit on the long, complex finish.

CLOSURE:    Stelvin

ALCOHOL:    12.5% (9.4 units of alcohol)




Per Bottle 49.99

Quantity:  


CATALOG SUSPENDED
 © West Mount Wine Tasting | Site Map | Web Design by Pod9 | Wine Info